Tom Kerridge's Fresh Start is just the inspiration you need to get cooking. Make the whole family this salty, spicy puttanesca that's packed with flavour.
Well, I'm sure you have now decided that although spumoni can be a delicious Italian dessert, it's too much work. I wanted to provide a pretty authentic recipe for this delicious dessert for those who wanted to hone their cooking skills. But the tedious and time-consuming recipe listed in the previous post is not one that everyone will care to try.
With that in mind, I was looking for an easier, more user-friendly recipe that would allow more people to try Spumoni without the huge investment of time, energy and skill. The recipe that I take with you today is easier and faster to prepare and offers the opportunity to be selective in the ingredients for those who are aware of fat, calories and carbohydrates.
- Divide half a gallon of vanilla ice cream into 2 parts, 1 liter each.
- Needs 1 liter of chocolate ice cream
- 1 bottle of Maraschino cherry
- 1 pkg Instant Pistachio pudding
- almond Flavor
- sliced almonds
- Slice maraschino cherries thin and line the bottom of a square pan with them.
- Add your cream flavor to your personal taste to some of the softened vanilla ice cream.
- Spread this mixture over the thinly sliced cherries in the square pan.
- Freeze this mixture.
- When the first layer has frozen for several hours, take the remaining part of the vanilla ice cream and let it soften.
- Mix 1/2 of the pistachio pudding package in the softened glass.
- Spread this mixture on top of the cherry-vanilla mixture and allow to freeze for several hours.
- Add almond flavor to the softened chocolate ice cream.
- Spread the chocolate mixture over the two vanilla mixes.
- Place the sliced almonds on top of chocolate ice cream.
- Let the whole mixture freeze for several hours.
- Serve as you do for plain ice cream.
A note-Spumoni usually has claret sauce drizzled on top. I found the following recipes:
Boil 1 c sugar and 1/4 c water 8 minutes; Cool lightly and add 1/3 c of clear or light red wine.
Have a nice meal!